Today our recipe is Red Pepper Lasagna. This is another recipe that we have used for years and I just love it!! It has a few steps to it but once it is put together, just pop it in the fridge if you make it ahead and it is ready to go when you are.
The layers of red pepper/tomato sauce and béchamel really combine together and taste so good. I hope you will give it a try!!
Red Pepper Lasagna
1 box lasagna pasta sheets
2-12 ounce jars Roasted Red Peppers, cut in strips
3-4 cloves garlic chopped
2-28 ounce cans Crushed Tomatoes
1 cup Red Wine
1 Stick Butter
4 cups Milk
Fresh Ground Nutmeg
Kosher Salt and Pepper
- In a saucepan add some olive oil and the garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the roasted red pepper strips and continue to sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and wine and bring to a boil, turn to a simmer.
For the Bechamel Sauce:
- In a separate sauce melt the butter and add flour, whisking until well incorporated.
- Slowly add milk and continue to whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Add fresh ground nutmeg and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then remove from heat.
- In a 13 x 9 baking dish add some tomato sauce on bottom of pan.
- Put down a layer of pasta sheets and then add some béchamel sauce and tomato/pepper sauce, then another layer of pasta sheets, continue until you have made 3-4 layers of pasta, ending with sauce on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until cooked and bubbly.
Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving as this will make it easier to cut when you are ready to serve.