Today we are going to talk about a side dish…Eggplant Parmesan, a whole lot of deliciousness. This recipe is another one that brings back some great memories from, not just my childhood, but also our “Pig Roast” days when we had our annual pig roast at Malabar Farm. We all love foods that bring us back to those heart warming memories.
I hope as you make recipes from kimmyscucina you create great memories with family and friends that will be reminders of great times for many years to come.
3 Eggplant – peel and slice in “rounds”
2-4 cups Bread Crumbs (you may need to add more)
3-4 Eggs (add a little water and mix well)
1 ½ cups Flour (you may need to add more)
1 cup Parmesan Cheese
2 cups Mozzarella
- Grab a colander and layer eggplant in bottom then sprinkle them with kosher salt and repeat layers, put colander in the sink and let eggplant sit for 20 minutes (this will get moisture out) , after you have let it sit, push down to get all moisture out, then lay on paper towels to dry. Blot to dry.
- In 3 containers put out flour, eggs and bread crumbs.
- Prepare a baking sheet with olive oil and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dip eggplant slices in flour, egg and then bread crumbs and place on baking sheet. Continue until all eggplant are done (you may need 2 baking sheets)
- Cook eggplant until crispy, you don’t have to turn over, about 10-15 minutes.
- In a 13 x 9 baking pan cover the bottom with a layer of sauce and then layer cooked eggplant , next put a layer of onions, parmesan and mozzarella.
- Repeat this until all eggplant are used up, ending with a sauce layer and cover with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.