These buttermilk biscuits involve little effort but give HUGE flavor. They are a fast and easy recipe to prepare for last minute guests or if you are just looking for that little something to complete your meal.
This recipe differs from most biscuit recipes because it requires no rolling out. Which if you are like me, is the best reason to whip some up today!! When we set out to come up with a recipe that was our main goal.
Serve these with a side of butter, honey and jam and you have a great breakfast, afternoon tea or dinner accompaniment.
Roger’s Twisted Buttermilk Biscuits
½ cup butter chilled and cut in cubes
½ cup butter melted
¾ cups + 2T buttermilk
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup honey
5 cups flour
3t baking powder
1t baking soda
1 ½ cups sugar
1T Kosher Salt
- Have the chilled butter and the melted butter ready to go.
- In another bowl combine the buttermilk, sour cream and honey.
- In a large bowl whisk the sugar and the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Add the chilled butter and incorporate with your fingers.
- Add the melted butter and wet ingredients to the bowl with dry ingredients and chilled butter and combine thoroughly.
- Spray or grease an 8 or 9inch square baking pan and add biscuit mix.
- Spread until all the mix is even and pre-cut into 16 biscuits.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, until thoroughly cooked through.
Have your coffee and butter ready because when they come out of the oven you will not be able to resist them!!