Did you ever start out with a recipe and think it was going to go one way but then when it was done, you completely changed course? That’s exactly what happened to us with these Stuffed Peppers.
We started out thinking the emphasis was going to be on a stuffed pepper as the spotlight. When we tasted it though, we realized potatoes needed to be the focus of this recipe.
You will love the ease of this recipe to prepare.
Made as a side it is a great accompaniment to some good meat. We are actually making it again this week with a Beef Roast. Adding a salad and we have a wonderful meal.
Potato Stuffed Peppers
3 potatoes, cubed
Cubed pork jowl bacon (or thick cut bacon or pancetta)
Long Red Peppers
Crushed Red Pepper
- Parboil the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- In frying pan crisp up the bacon and cut in pieces. Save grease from pan.
- Cut peppers long wise in half and clean out.
- When potatoes are cooked drain and quickly throw them in the frying pan with grease.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lay out the peppers.
- Put a layer of Brie on and then potatoes and bacon and then spread with brie on top.
- Bake in 350 oven 20 minutes.