All I can say here is WOW…this dish is amazing!!
I knew when I started to think about it I wanted a mustard sauce/glaze. Tracy was here with me for the cooking day and she came up with the apricot preserves to go with it and it made it that much better!!
I love a grainy mustard, if you do not, use a Dijon, although it may alter the taste a bit.
If you leave the chicken breasts whole and cut in slices on the diagonal it would be a great way to serve this dish.
Chicken and Mushrooms with Swiss and a Grainy Mustard Glaze
2 Chicken Breasts – halved and flattened out
Sliced Swiss Cheese (or shredded, but I think slices will melt into mushrooms better)
Baby Bella Mushrooms, washed and sliced
3T Whole Grain Mustard
3T Apricot Preserves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cover chicken with ½ of the mustard sauce.
- Brown the chicken (you can do this on stove top in frying pan or bake in the oven 10-15 minutes).
- While chicken is cooking sauté up 1 cup of sliced mushrooms in some butter or olive oil and set aside.
- Remove chicken from oven, place mushrooms over top of chicken along with the rest of sauce, top with Swiss cheese and return to oven.
- Cook another 10-15 minutes, using a thermometer to make sure chicken is cooked thoroughly (cook time will depend on how thick chicken is). You want an internal temperature of 165 for chicken.