Tracy and I had another great cooking day a few weeks ago. We have had several of these cooking days and they are so much fun! We start with the kitchen counters full of ingredients and some general ideas as to what we want to cook. Then we start talking, about what we want to do, sometimes we already know what we want to make, but sometimes it is a great conversation that develops into a great recipe!
For this recipe I had a butternut squash that I wanted to use in some soup. Tracy was up for the challenge and it is amazing. I threw some stuff at her from the fridge and she went to town. I know you will love the end result.
Tracy’s Chicken & Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut squash – cubed
Chicken Broth – 64 Ounces
3 Celery Sticks
1 Medium Onion
2 Cloves of Garlic
1-2 cups Heavy Cream
1 cup White Wine
2 Chicken Breasts
2 tsp chopped Sage – Fresh
- Peel butternut squash and cube.
- Cut carrots, celery, & onion into approximately same size as squash.
- Toss squash, carrots, celery and onions with olive oil and put on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven and roast until cooked thoroughly.
- While the veggies are roasting cut up the chicken and cover with salt and pepper .
- At this point you can fry the chicken up in a pan or place on baking sheet and put in oven to cook with the veggies.
- Roast the jalapeno and remove skin and chop, set aside
- When veggies are done, in a soup pot, add broth, wine chicken and veggies, bring to a soft boil, lower heat and slowly add cream to desired consistency.
- Add jalapenos and sage and serve.
**You can keep this meatless and use vegetable broth and leave out the chicken for a different option.