Here we go again, with a won ton appetizer…but I want you to see how many different things you can do. This is ANOTHER great appetizer recipe that is so easy to prepare. This recipe was one I found many years ago in a magazine and have made for many years. It is a fun one to make at the holidays because the red pepper puree adds some nice color and if you want to throw some green in there sprinkle with some chopped parsley when you present them on the serving dish
Goat Cheese Won Tons with Red Pepper Puree
22 ounces Goat Cheese (I used 2 of the large logs of goat cheese, you can also use crumbled goat cheese as well.)
1T Italian seasoning
Won Ton wrappers (40-50) a package
Red Pepper Puree:
4 red peppers roasted (or you can buy them I would use a large jar)
1 cup of sour cream (or crème fraiche, if you use crème fraiche you might need a bit more)
2 cloves garlic
Kosher Salt and Pepper
- Soften the goat cheese and add Italian seasoning, mix well.
- Beat an egg in a bowl with a little water.
- Lay out won ton wrappers a few at a time and brush with egg mixture.
- Put a small amount of goat cheese on wrapper and fold in a triangle.
- Lay on parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 15-20 minutes until they just begin to get brown on the edges.
- Put all the ingredients for the puree in a food processor and process. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. You don’t want the sauce to be too thick. My suggestion would be to get it to a consistency of a smooth tomato sauce.
- You can also save some peppers and cut them in small strips to lay around the serving platter for decoration.