With the season upon us when we are always looking for quick appetizer ideas, I thought I would share another one with you today. I made these for Thanksgiving and they were a big hit. Zachary (our son) was just asking for these again the other day, wondering if I was going to make them some time soon. They are good!
1 lb Loose Sausage (I used a Fennel and Garlic that we have in our local Kroger store, it is the Saddle brook Brand)
1 medium Onion coarsely chopped
1 pkg Cream Cheese (softened) or ¾-1 cup Crème Fraiche
Kosher Salt and Pepper
Won ton Wrappers
- Saute up the sausage and onion until thoroughly cooked.
- Put in food processor and process to a fine consistency.
- Add the cream cheese and mix until cream cheese is melted in. If mixture is not hot enough, pop in the microwave for a few seconds to warm up and then add the cream cheese, the heat from sausage should melt the cream cheese, or if you are using crème fraiche it will mix right in.
- Add salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl mix an egg with a little bit of water
- Lay out a won ton wrapper (I put 4 or 5 out at a time so I can get a bunch done at once) and brush edges with egg wash, put a small amount of mixture in center and and fold over to triangle shape.
- Place on parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until just browned on edges.
- Serve with a pesto or tomato sauce.
- There you go quick and easy. You can ever make the filling the day before and it will be all ready for when you need to assemble them.