I love chicken lettuce wraps!!! Serve the lettuce cold and crisp and it is such a refreshing way to enjoy the chicken. There are so many variations that you can use for this dish…check them out…I don’t want to frustrate you with no definitive recipe, but this is one that you can really work with and change around. I want to encourage you to branch out and try some new variations of your own! I know you can come up with some great healthy options for this.
3 chicken breasts – cut into bite size pieces (your choice as to what you think is bite-size)
4T soy sauce
1T fish sauce
3t minced fresh ginger
1T Rice Cooking Seasoning
Kosher Salt and pepper
½ c chopped scallions
Sesame seeds (optional)
Lettuce of your choice – Iceberg or Romaine Leaves
Sour cream or Greek yogurt
Cheese if you want
- Combine chicken, soy sauce, fish sauce, ginger, rice seasoning, kosher salt and pepper and ¼ cup of chopped scallions in a Ziploc bag or container (I like a Ziploc because it allows the flavors to really get to all parts of the chicken) and marinate at least an hour, you could put this together in the morning and have it all ready when you get home from work or your busy day.
- When you are ready to cook, heat up a sauté pan or wok and cover bottom with some oil (you can use olive oil or a vegetable oil…if you want some sesame flavor you can also add a bit of sesame oil as well, add marinated chicken in pan and cook, add scallions and seeds at the end and keep warm until you are ready to serve.
- A great side to this dish would be some rice or rice noodles, add them to your wrap.
- Sour Cream and Cheese are also optional if you want a low fat version.
- Maybe try some Greek yogurt.
- Add some shredded carrots, bean sprouts, radishes or celery (keep them fresh for some more nice crunch).
- Maybe use some chili paste in there too…
- The ideas are endless let your imagination go…remember NO RULES!
- If you want to go a different route with this add ½ Jalapeno (optional) chopped small (if you have never chopped a jalapeno before wear gloves or be sure to not rub any part of your face while you are doing this!!!) FYI – I have made this mistake so many times that’s why I am warning you! Add this when you add chicken to pan.
- If you go with the jalapeno maybe leave out rice seasoning and substitute lime, cilantro and some olive oil for the soy, fish sauce and ginger and give it a totally different flair add some chili seasoning or chipotle to the chicken and here you go another meal!!!
- As I am about to post this I was thinking if you wanted you could also use ground chicken.
OK I HAVE TO STOP THIS COULD REALLY GO ON FOREVER….
Hope you have some good ideas for dinner tonight.